Valley Forge Portfolio Plan
Aggregated Winter Hedging Strategy
The Valley Forge Portfolio Plan is an aggregated strategy that leverages plan participants’ combined usage to secure the best possible hedges to manage risk against historic winter-related market spikes, while retaining the benefits of an individual index-based program the rest of the year.
- Leverages the power of aggregation* to secure lower pricing for all clients in the portfolio compared to individual pricing
- Manage risk against winter energy spikes along with the advantage of lower market prices during the rest of the year
- Aggregated around-the-clock (ATC), energy-only fixed pricing for winter months (December, January, February & March)
- 100% variable hourly index-based individual pricing during April 1st through November 30th each year
- Capacity, ancillaries, renewables, and administrative components are passed through for the duration of the Plan
Aggregated Winter Hedging
(Graph Is For Illustration Purposes Only)
How do I know if an aggregated winter hedging strategy is the right fit?
If you like the idea of buying your power on an index-based rate for most of the year, but want the security and assurance of a fixed energy-only rate during the volatile winter months, this strategy may be a good fit for your business. This strategy harnesses the power of aggregating your usage with that of other, similarly minded businesses of all sizes, for insurance against unexpected winter price spikes.
Speak with an energy advisor at Patriot Energy today to better assess your needs and determine if this strategy is the best fit for your business.
* In Connecticut, this plan is not based on aggregated usage, but contracted and priced with suppliers based on each client’s usage.
Ready to Get Started?
Submit the form below and we will have a representative contact you.
* Required field
Market Trends Newsletter
Our newsletter provides you timely, insightful energy news gathered from some of the industry’s most trusted news sources.
Interested in reducing your total energy spend?
Our no cost Peak Demand Notification Program is a simple solution to lower your energy costs.