Seasonal Peak Power Hedging Strategy
The Seasonal Peak Power Hedging Strategy is an aggregated solution that leverages plan participants’ combined usage to secure the best possible hedges for peak hours during summer and winter, managing risk against both traditionally high peak power price seasons, while retaining the benefits of an individual index-based program the rest of the year.
- Leverages the power of aggregation* to secure lower pricing for all clients in the portfolio compared to individual pricing
- Manage risk against summer and winter peak energy spikes along with the advantage of lower market prices during the rest of the year
- Aggregated peak hours, energy-only fixed pricing for summer and winter months (typically week days between 7 AM and 11 PM)
- 100% variable hourly index-based individual pricing during March 1st through May 31st, and September 1st through November 30th
- 100% hourly index-based individual pricing during all off-peak hours
- Capacity, ancillaries, renewables, and administrative components are passed through for the duration of the Plan
Aggregated Seasonal Peak Power Hedging
(Graph Is For Illustration Purposes Only)
How do I know if an aggregated seasonal peak power hedging strategy is the right fit?
This strategy would be a good fit for businesses that want to take advantage of an index-based rate during traditionally lower-priced hours and seasons, but want price certainty during what are generally more volatile time periods, historically the summer and winter peak hours.
Speak with an energy advisor at Patriot Energy today to better assess your needs and determine if this strategy is the best fit for your business.
*In Connecticut, this plan is not based on aggregated usage, but contracted and priced with suppliers based on each client’s usage.
Ready to Get Started?
Submit the form below and we will have a representative contact you.
* Required field
Market Trends Newsletter
Our newsletter provides you timely, insightful energy news gathered from some of the industry’s most trusted news sources.
Interested in reducing your total energy spend?
Our no cost Peak Demand Notification Program is a simple solution to lower your energy costs.