Fixed Price Strategy
A “fixed” price strategy provides businesses the ability to secure an all-inclusive per-unit price for a given volume and definite term for their natural gas needs. It’s a simple, stable solution for entities seeking cost stability and budget certainty.
- Cost Stability (price is protected from fluctuations in the natural gas market)
- Potential for Budget Certainty (more easily manage your budget knowing your energy costs in advance)
- Simplicity (limits the need to make ongoing natural gas management decisions)
- Potential risks include market risk (in declining markets a fixed rate can lead to a higher overall cost than an index- based rate), rate changes based on material changes in usage patterns, and in certain cases, additional costs in the event of regulatory changes or commodity peak situations
- Fixed supplier contracts may be subject to “usage bands” in which the all-inclusive price is limited to a range of usage (usually a percentage above and below historical or projected usage amount); otherwise an index or other variable rate applies to the overage or clients may be charged for the underage
Can I choose a strategy that allows the benefits of a fixed rate but also the ability to take advantage of a lower price if the market drops?
Yes, Patriot Energy does offer a hybrid natural gas strategy allowing for some amount of budget control while also providing the opportunity to take advantage of lower prices in a falling market. Speak with an energy advisor at Patriot Energy today to better assess your needs and determine which strategy is the best fit for your business.
Ready to Get Started?
Submit the form below and we will have a representative contact you.
* Required field
Market Trends Newsletter
Our newsletter provides you timely, insightful energy news gathered from some of the industry’s most trusted news sources.
Interested in reducing your total energy spend?
Our no cost Peak Demand Notification Program is a simple solution to lower your energy costs.